Friday, March 4, 2011

Scentsy = A Scentsible Alternative for Fire Safety!

Let me begin by saying that in no way is should this blog entry be construed as being insensitive to the horrible tragedies suffered by families who have lost their homes due to fire. As always, my thoughts and prayers are with them.

It’s a 2-way tie when it comes to the main reasons on why I decided to become an Independent Scentsy Consultant. One of the largest benefits is the fact that I no longer have to worry about forgetting to blow out a candle. Sadly, unattended candles are one of the leading causes of fires in the home or office. With Scentsy, it’s no different than leaving a lamp on! All warmers use low watt bulbs (25W-20W-15W) and the low-residue wax slowly warms to release a giant amount of scent! I don’t have to worry about my dog’s tail swiping a flame on the table, as I did with candles – and while I do not encourage children to touch warmers, a warmer is much, much safer than a flame where children are concerned also. The unique lighting that Scentsy warmers project still give me the low light ambiance that I enjoyed with candles! I personally never turn my warmers off and they have now been running since June 2010 – (with 1 bulb replacement)! DO NOT EVER place a bulb outside of the watt requirements in your warmers. Not only will it warm the wax faster, the warmer itself could be as hot as any stove – and will BURN you! I ALWAYS have light bulbs in stock – just call or email me! They are only $1 each!

I was ALWAYS burning a candle – had reed diffusers and most expensive of all – effusion lamps – which now looking back were even more dangerous than candles – due to the alcohol based scent AND the large flame that had to burn for 3 or more minutes to get the stone warmed to a temp to emit the scent! With Scentsy there is NO wax residue on my walls and I no longer have to deal with any soot either on the glass candle holder OR my walls!

The other major reason – was the cost effectiveness of Scentsy itself. I love that for $25 I have 3-6 months worth of scent by purchasing a 6 Pack of Scentsy bars. I can purchase 6 different scents and I can switch the scent out any time I like and BONUS – if the scent is not depleted, I just pour the warmed wax back into the bar mold and I can warm it again later! There is no candle on market that you can use around the clock that will last this long. Now my home smells great all the time – not just for when I’m expecting company!

With the links below, I ask that you offer up a moment of prayer for these families. As you can see, I have tracked ONE FIRE PER MONTH for the last 90 days – LOCALLY. This is THREE FIRES TOO MANY. Thank goodness for the fire safe alternative Scentsy offers.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/26773251/detail.html

Feb 11

http://www.kmbc.com/news/26411074/detail.html

Jan 11

http://www.kmbc.com/news/26320756/detail.html

Dec 10

No comments:

Post a Comment